Monday, April 4, 2011

Banana Treats (Muffins or Bread)

I LOVE banana bread/muffins!! We always buy bananas but can never finish them. I pop them in the freezer and save them for tasty banana treats! I pretty much know this recipe by heart! I hardly have to look at my recipe card anymore. This recipe is so moist!! It is perfect J I always use frozen bananas, but I am sure it would be just as tasty with ripe bananas. It also calls for orange juice, but sometimes I don’t have any on hand, so I just use ANY juice I have in my fridge. It works every time!!

Seriously give it a try already!!!

Ingredients:
- 3 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup orange juice
- Optional: ½ cup chocolate chips, nuts, etc.

Directions:
1.    Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2.    In a large bowl, mix bananas, eggs, sugar and oil
3.    Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt
4.    Blend well
5.    Mix in orange juice and any optional ingredients
6.    Bake muffins for 15-20 minutes, and bread for 1 – 1½  hours

No comments: