Monday, June 20, 2011

Raspberry Oatmeal Muffins

My husband LOVES the raspberry muffins from Tim Horton's and has been asking me to try to make them. Well I have been searching for a recipe and couldn't find one. Well yesterday I was searching and came across a recipe!!!

Next time they will have raspberries!!!
The recipe calls for buttermilk, but I hate buying things and then throwing them out because I don't use it all. Again I turned to the trusty search engine "Google" and found a substitute: 
     1. Put 1 tbsp on white vinegar (or lemon juice) in a measuring cup.
     2. Top to 1 cup with milk and let it stand for 5 minutes.

I had another little issue!! I bought the raspberries a couple weeks ago and when I went to use them they were no good :( Luckily I had some blueberries in the fridge so I used them instead!! I took a picture, but I *will* be making these again *with* raspberries!!! So I will make sure I get another picture :)

Enjoy!!

Ingredients:
-          ½ cup rolled oats
-          1 cup buttermilk (or use my substitute posted above)
-          ¾ cup whole wheat flour
-          ¾ cup all-purpose flour
-          2½ tsp baking powder
-          ½ tsp baking soda
-          1 tsp cinnamon
-          1 egg
-          2/3 cup brown sugar
-          ¼ cup oil
-          1 cup raspberries (or blueberries in my case!)

Directions:
1.      Combine oats and buttermilk and let stand for 5-10 minutes
2.      Beat egg in a large bowl and add brown sugar and oil
3.      Stir oats into egg mixture
4.      Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon with eggs and oats
5.      Fold in fruit
6.      Bake at 370oF for 20-25 minutes

No comments: