Monday, April 4, 2011

Honey Garlic Stir-Fry: An Original :)

We had leftover meat and veggies from our Shish Kabobs, so my husband wanted me to make a stir-fry. The thing is he doesn’t really like rice, and he doesn’t love stir-fry! (LOL) He wanted me to change it up a bit, and use noodles instead of rice. I love trying new recipes (or creating them). So this is an original! I will try my best to give you accurate measurements!! I really enjoyed it, it was very different from anything else I have made, however the next time I make it I want to try and make it spicier. This one was pretty sweet. Enjoy!
Not the best picture...it is our lunch! I forgot to get a picture of dinner :)

Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 cup diced chicken breast
- 1 cup diced steak
- 1 cup mushrooms (whole or sliced or both!)
- 1 pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ jar VH Honey Garlic Sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Egg noodles

Directions:
1.    In a large skillet, fry both the chicken and beef in oil
2.    When half cooked, remove excess fat/oil and add veggies
3.    Cook for 10 minutes on medium heat
4.    Add Honey Garlic sauce and soy sauce and simmer for 10 minutes
5.    Meanwhile, cook noodles and drain
6.    Dish out noodles and top with stir-fry mixture

No comments: