Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Lemon Herb Salmon

We try to have fish at least once a week. I wanted to try something new, so I was searching for a salmon recipe and found one that someone posted on a chat forum I use (The Nest on Facebook). Apparently it is a weight watchers recipe, but I don’t know the point value. I also added dill to the recipe.

It turned out really good! Usually our salmon is more on the sour side, but this one was both sweet and sour. It will definitely be a repeat!! Although next time I think I will cut the amount of sugar in half. You can either use fresh chopped herbs or dried herbs. I used dried herbs since it was what I had on hand J

Ingredients:
-          4 individual salmon portions
-          Salt and Pepper
-          4 tbsp lemon juice, divided
-          1½ tbsp sugar
-          1 tbsp parsley
-          1 tbsp thyme
-          1 tbsp dill
-          1 tsp lemon zest
-          1 tsp minced garlic
-          1 tsp oregano

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400oF
  2. Season fish with salt and pepper. Place in baking dish (prepared with non-stick spray) and drizzle with 2 tbsp juice.
  3. Whisk remaining ingredients and set aside
  4. Bake fish until tender (~ 13 minutes). Top with lemon/herb mixture and bake for an additional 2 minutes
  5. Optional: Garnish with fresh herbs and zest

No comments: