Thursday, March 22, 2012

Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins

With doing BLW, I am finding it hard to think of different breakfast ideas that are healthy. I found a recipe for a healthier version of blueberry muffins over on Skinny Taste. I followed the recipe exactly but mine are not quite as healthy. I used regular white flour and 1% milk instead of white whole wheat flour and almond milk.

 
I thought they were amazing, and apparently Aiden also loved them! He gobbled the whole muffin up! His face was covered in blueberries! I love watching him eat :)


I just love him!!!

Here is the recipe:
Ingredients:
  • 1.5 cups quick oats
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 2 tbsp honey
  • 1/2 cup applesauce
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1 tbsp oil
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 cup blueberries
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400*. Line pan and lightly spray with baking spray.
  2. Soak oats in milk for about 30 minutes.
  3. In a large bowl, combine sugar, honey, applesauce, egg whites, oil and vanilla.
  4. In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
  5. Mix oats with wet ingredients and slowly add dry ingredients. Mix until just incorporated. Fold in blueberries.
  6. Bake for 20-25 minutes.



No comments: