Thursday, July 26, 2012

Roasted Red Pepper and Ham Pinwheels

Since I have been on maternity leave, we do lots of play dates and picnics. When we can back from our trip I decided to plan a swimming/lunch date. Unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate, it was still beautiful, but it was a little chilly for the pool. So we had a picnic at the park instead! We made it a pot luck, and man can my mom friends cook! The food was amazing!! The only problem with pot lucks...I eat WAYY too much. But it was worth it :)

I made roasted red pepper and ham pinwheels. They were so yummy!! I roasted the pepper myself, which was a little more time consuming than I anticipated, but well worth it!! Other than that they were super easy to make, and a perfect pot luck item!

Ingredients:
- 1 red pepper, whole
- Approximately 3 tbsp Vegetable oil
- Herb and Garlic cream cheese, room temperature
- 5 Slices of ham (I used Black Forest)
- 5 whole wheat tortillas (small ones, I think they are 6")

Directions:

  1. Set oven to broil. Generously coat pepper with oil, ensuring you are getting it in all the grooves. Place pepper on a cookie sheet and broil until the skin starts to turn black. Turn the pepper and continue broiling until most of the pepper is black.
  2. Place the pepper in a bowl and cover with saran wrap until the pepper is cooled. Once cooled, peel the skin off the pepper and slice.
  3. Spread cream cheese over tortillas, add slices of pepper and top with a slice of ham. Roll tortillas and wrap in saran wrap. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
  4. Remove Saran and slice.

No comments: