Thursday, December 30, 2010

Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo

Well apparently I didn’t get around to doing my second Christmas baking post. Sorry! I honestly just ran out of time!! I hope everyone had a great Christmas holiday!! We sure did. It was our first Christmas as a married couple, and let me tell you it was very busy!! But awesome nonetheless.

Last night I made one of my favourite pasta dishes. Chicken Alfredo.

Ingredients:
-          2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
-          1 onion, chopped
-          1 red pepper, chopped
-          2 gloves of garlic, minced
-          1 cup of freshly sliced mushrooms
-          2 cups frozen broccoli pieces
-          1 jar of Classico Roasted Garlic Alfredo Sauce
-          ½ cup milk
-          Noodles (I like bowties, but you can use whatever)

Directions:
  1. Cook chicken in a large frying pan
  2. Once partially cooked, add onion, red pepper, garlic, mushrooms and broccoli
  3. Cook on medium for approximately 10 minutes, until broccoli is cooked
  4. Meanwhile cook noodles
  5. Add the Classico Alfredo Sauce and milk to chicken mixture
  6. Simmer for 10 minutes
  7. Serve noodles covered in Alfredo sauce. Top with parmesan and fresh pepper

I hope everyone has a good New Years!! I really hope 2011 is as good as 2010 was to us!!

No comments: