Monday, December 20, 2010

Chocolate Macaroons!

Let me start off by saying: I am not the baker in the family! That would be my sister in-law (she even made our wedding cake!), and she is a wonderful baker. However I do enjoy it! Since I haven’t done any Christmas baking I thought I would make a few things. Today I made chocolate macaroons - they were my favourite sweet when I was younger (and they probably still are!)

Ingredients:
-          2 cups sugar
-          ½ cup milk
-          ½ cup butter
-          3 cups rolled oats
-          6 tbsp cocoa
-          1 cup coconut
-          1 tbsp vanilla

Directions:
  1. Boil sugar, milk, cocoa and butter for 5 minutes
  2. Remove from heat and add rolled oats, coconut and vanilla
  3. Place small amounts on parchment paper, place in fridge until cooled

No comments: