Monday, December 6, 2010

Good Old Mac & Cheese

We love a good homemade macaroni and cheese! I have tried a few recipes, but nothing compares to this one! It is a mixture of a few recipes, but we absolutely love it!!  

 
Made by my wonderful husband :)

Ingredients:
- 8oz bag of your favourite noodles (I use small shells and I eyeball it - I use what I think we will need)
- 2 cups of milk (I use 1%, but to make it creamier you can mix half and half with milk)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1.5 cups of cheese (I usually use more! And I use whatever I have on hand. Last time was a mixture of cheddar, Romano and parmesan. It was the best I have made!)
- Optional: Buttered breadcrumbs (process approximately 4 slices of bread, and add 2 tbsp butter)

Direction:
1. Cook noodles
2. As noodles are cooking, heat milk in a saucepan, whisk in butter, salt/pepper and flour until thickened.
3. Add 3/4 of cheese and stir continuously.
4. Once noodles are done, I mixed them with cheese sauce (to ensure they are completely covered)
5. Put in casserole dish. Top with remaining cheese and breadcrumbs.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 40min.

Yummy, yummy, yummy!!!! =)


On a side note: Last night we got TONS of snow!!! Saturday morning we had green grass, and today I woke up to this...


Now, I know I should have my lawn furniture away, but apparently I was too lazy, and now it is too late!! Hopefully I will be able to put it in the shed this weekend!

Have a good Monday everyone!! What’s on your menu tonight? We are having ribs!!

Mrs. Cochrane

No comments: