- Beef tenderloin (cut into individual pieces)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 2 tbsp pork and ham pate
- Puff pastry (either bought or prepare your own - recipe to come!)
- 1 egg, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. Brown tenderloin on both sides (approximately 3 min on each side) in an oven safe frying pan. Remove from heat, and allow it to cool
3. Fry mushrooms, onions and garlic in butter
4. Meanwhile, cut pastry into pieces (one for each tenderloin section). Roll it out ensuring there is enough to completely cover tenderloin.
5. Put tenderloin in the middle of the pastry, top with a thin layer of pate and fried mushrooms.
6. Cover tenderloin with pasty and cut holes in the top.
7. Cover with egg mixture and bake for 20-30 minutes (in frying pan), until browned.
I served this with mini roasted potatoes. It was delicious; however I used too much pate. I put it on both sides of the tenderloin. Next time, I will just put it on the top. I also didn't prepare au jus to serve with it. That would be very simple to do. Just reserve all juices, add a can of beef broth and bit of wine. I would whisk in a *small* amount of flour (to slightly thicken). Strain and serve :)
I will be preparing this again in the near future! We both loved it :)