Friday, December 10, 2010

Pulled Pork

This week I am on late days, so it is *really* hard for me to prepare time consuming meals. Usually I stick to quick dinners, or crock pot meals. (I love my crock pot - they are perfect, you throw everything in, go to work, come home and....Dinner is ready!!) I asked my friend for some ideas, and she suggested pulled pork. Honestly I have never done pulled pork before and it was amazing!!


Ingredients:
- 6 - 10 lb pork shoulder
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Freshly ground Sea Salt and Pepper
- Montreal Steak Spice and Seasoning (as you can tell I love these spices!)
- 2 bottles of beer
- 1 - 2 cups of barbeque sauce (I used PC Smokin' Stampede BBQ Sauce)

Directions:
1. Lay onions and garlic on the bottom of Crockpot
2. Set pork on top and season
3. Pour beer around pork
4. Cook on low for 8-10 hours
5. Remove pork and shred
6. Discard bones, fat and remaining liquids from Crockpot
7. Put shredded pork back in Crockpot and top with BBQ sauce
8. Cook for an additional 1/2 - 1 hour on low

This would be good served on buns, with rice, or with my previously posted Mac & Cheese :)
I also think this would be perfect for a pot luck get together!!

No comments: