Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Broccoli and Cauliflower Casserole

One of our favourite sides is this broccoli and cauliflower casserole. It is absolutely delicious!! My husband begs me to make it. I swear he would eat it everyday if he could. I got this recipe from my sister (awhile ago). I make it so much I don’t even need to look at the card anymore.


Ingredients:
- 2 cups each of fresh broccoli and cauliflower, chopped
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup mayo
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can of mushroom soup
- 1 cup of yellow cheddar cheese
- Croutons (optional)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350o
2. Cook veggies and drain
3. Meanwhile, beat eggs, mayo, onion, mushroom soup and ½ of the cheese in a large bowl
4. Add veggies to egg mixture, pour in casserole dish and top with remaining cheese and croutons
5. Bake for 40 minutes

This can easily be made into a meal. Sometimes I fry up chopped chicken breasts and add it to the casserole before baking. Or you could also add cooked noodles. Very yummy and filling!

On a side note: I hope everyone is ready for Christmas!! Only 11 more sleeps!! Christmas is my favourite holiday; I love spending time with family and friends and just enjoying company.  

Here is a picture of our first tree as a married couple! :)


No comments: