But back to my post :) Last night my husband wanted a "finger food dinner" so we had deep fried pickles, ribs and cheesy garlic bread while we watched the Grammy's!! I got the recipe for the pickles from another blog I read Tyler's Taste Tests. I did change it slightly, but I pretty much followed it exactly. They will be a repeat for sure!! I did good :)
- 1 jar of dill pickles, undrained
- 1 large egg, beated
- 1 tbsp, plus 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- Vegetable oil
1. Slice pickles into spears and press between paper towels to dry
2. Combine 2/3 cup of pickle juice, egg and 1 tbsp flour. Set aside
3. Combine remaining flour with garlic powder, salt and paprika. Blend well
4. Dip pickles in egg mixture followed by flour mixture
5. Put coated pickles in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
6. Meanwhile heat oil to 375o
7. Fry pickles until golden brown and drain on paper towel
I found the coating was a little thin, so maybe next time I will re-dip in the egg and flour mixture, but other than that they were fabulous! I served them with ceaser dressing for dipping!