Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Hearty Chicken Noodle Soup

Last night we had a roasted chicken. I love using the leftovers to make stew, soup or pot pie. Today I decided to make soup. It is freezing out and soup sounded fabulous!

Last year my friend had an Epicure party where I bought a few of their products. For my stock I used their Chicken Bouillon Base, as well as 900mL of Campbell’s Chicken Stock. I find the Epicure bouillon is amazing, but you can use any kind of bouillon. I added the Campbell’s stock just to make more (without using all my Epicure base!)

Ingredients:
-          2 or 3 cups of cooked chicken (in small pieces)
-          8 cups of water
-          8 tsp of Bouillon base
-          900mL Campbell’s stock
-          1 onion, chopped
-          2 cups carrots, sliced
-          1 tbsp each of basil and parsley
-          Ground pepper to taste
-          3 cups cooked noodles (I use the No Yolks noodles)

Directions:
  1. In a large stockpot add all ingredients except noodles
  2. Simmer for 2-3 hours
  3. 30 minutes before serving add noodles
  4. Top with parmesan cheese!

**We had the soup with my previously posted bread**

ENJOY!!!

No comments: