We love going out for breakfast. We went to this little family restaurant in our hometown and they served a breakfast skillet. My husband fell in love again! I have made it 3 times (trying to perfect it), and it is starting to taste a lot like the original.
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- ½ onion
- 5 slices of bacon crumbles
- ½ cup ground sausage (or breakfast sausages cut into small pieces)
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup cheese
- Process potatoes and onion in a food processor
- Cook bacon and sausage in a large skillet, drain
- Add potato mixture and cook until golden brown
- In a separate skillet cook eggs over easy
- This will make two (hearty) breakfast skillets!
- Plate potato and meat mixture, top with cheese and finally with two eggs
- Serve with toast and enjoy :)