Sunday, May 1, 2011

Cheese and Mushroom Oven Omelette

Usually for Mother’s Day we invite both our mothers over for brunch (along with siblings, my grandma, and my step-dad). We have done it for the past two years and it has gone over well. (Although this year I think we will be doing two separate dinners because my mom is coming over Saturday to help with my garage sale). I found this great cookbook at a garage sale a couple years ago called Treasury of Country Heritage Meals & Menus, and found this great mushroom and cheese oven omelette that I usually make for the brunch. Well my husband and I have found to love this great breakfast meal, so I made it last weekend.
Ingredients:
-          2 tbsp butter
-          2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
-          6 eggs
-          1/3 cup milk
-          2 tbsp flour
-          1/8 tsp pepper
-          1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
-          6 slices crumbled cooked bacon

Directions:
  1. Heat oven to 350oF
  2. In a medium skillet, melt butter and add mushrooms. Cook until mushrooms are tender. Drain and set aside
  3. In a medium bowl whisk eggs, milk, flour and pepper
  4. Stir in 1 cup of cheese, bacon and mushrooms
  5. Pour into buttered 9-inch square baking pan
  6. Sprinkle with remaining cheese
  7. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until eggs are set in centre

No comments: