Tonight was a mushroom night! Not only did we have the previous posted Mushroom Pork Tenderloin, but we also had these stuffed mushrooms. Obviously I love mushrooms! Raw, fried, baked, in a sauce….you name it, and I will probably love it!! I also found these mushrooms from allrecipe.com and they were delicious!! Very garlicy but just as yummy!
- 12 large whole fresh mushrooms
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp ground cayenne pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350oF. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel. Carefully break off stems and reserve
3. Process mushroom stems and garlic cloves in a food processor
4. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and mushrooms, fry until any moisture has disappeared, taking care not to burn garlic. Set aside to cool.
5. When garlic and mushroom mixture is cool, stir in cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, black pepper, onion powder and cayenne pepper.
6. Using a little spoon, fill each mushroom cap with a generous amount of stuffing. Arrange the mushroom caps on prepared cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until liquid starts to form under caps.