Monday, May 16, 2011

Mushroom Pork Tenderloin

I had a friend over for dinner tonight and I decided to make pork tenderloin. I have a few good recipes but as usual I wanted to try something new. I found this mushroom pork tenderloin from allrecipe.com and it looked very good, so I gave it a try! Turns out it was a hit, she loved it and asked for me to post the recipe!! I served it with mashed potatoes, but rice would be good as well.

Note: The recipe calls for lemon juice (which I used), but I think the next time I make this I may substitute it for white (or red) wine.

Ingredients:
- 1 pork tenderloin
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- Paprika
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp dried marjoram
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cold water

Directions:
1. Rub pork on all sides with garlic; sprinkle with paprika.
2. In a large skillet, brown the pork in butter. Add the mushrooms, lemon juice, marjoram, salt and pepper.
3. Turn meat to coat with seasonings, cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until a meat is done and juices run clear. Remove meat and keep warm.
4. In a small bowl, combine the flour and cold water until smooth; stir into the pan juices.
5. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
6. Slice the pork and serve with gravy.

No comments: