Tonight my husband suggested stuffed pork chops. I decided I would give in and use the stove…first time in awhile!! As usual, I checked online and found a few ideas from Allrecipes.com. OMG, they were amazing!!!! Delicious and moist! They were also really easy to prepare. They will be a repeat for sure J I served them with fresh corn on the cob (second helping this weekend! LOL)!
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 medium apple, cored
- 3 slices bread
- 1 tbsp parsley
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 boneless pork chops (1¼ inch thick)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp oil
- In a large skillet sauté onions in butter until tender.
- Meanwhile, process sliced apple in a food process. Add bread and process again.
- Remove onions from heat; add apple mixture, parsley and salt.
- Cut a large pocket in each pork chop, season outside with salt and pepper. Spoon apple mixture into each chop.
- Heat oil in oven safe skillet, brown chops on both sides. Cover skillet, and bake for 30 minutes at 350oF. Remove cover and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until juices run clear.