Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Garlic Dill Pickles

If you know me, you know I LOVE pickles!!! I have been making my own pickles since 2008. I can’t get enough of them!! This past weekend we went to the St. Jacob’s Market and I bought myself a bunch of pickling cucumbers and fresh dill. Sunday morning was spent making pickles: whole, spears and sliced (GREAT for garnishing burgers!).

I also have a TON of jalapenos from the garden so I used the extra brine to pickle them as well.
4 jars of sliced, 3 whole, 2 spears and 1 jalapeno peppers!! :)

Ingredients:
-          4 lbs small cucumbers
-          Fresh dill sprays
-          Garlic cloves
-          4 cups water
-          2 cups vinegar
-          5 tbsp coarse pickling sale

Directions:
  1. Wash cucumbers and pack in sterile jars with dill and garlic (cucumbers can be sliced, whole or in spears)
  2. Boil water, vinegar and salt
  3. Pour brine in jars and seal
  4. Store for 4-6 weeks

No comments: