Thursday, August 4, 2011

One Pan Taco Dish

Oops!! I forgot to take something out for dinner this morning, so as soon as I got home I took out a pound of ground beef. It is easy to defrost in the microwave (which I HATE doing) and there are tons of quick meals you can make with it. Well I was hoping to make tacos, but unfortunately I only had two tortilla wraps…so I turned to kraftcanada.com which has tons of quick, easy meals to make. (I am spoiling this 9 month pregnant body by getting a massage tonight so I wanted something quick).

Well I put in ground beef and found a “One Pan Taco” recipe (which is REALLY similar to my mother in laws famous taco salad – just a warm version!). It said it only took 15 minutes to prepare so I was game!! Well it turned out great, so now I will share with you!! J
Ingredients:
-          1 lb ground beef
-          2 cups water
-          2 cups instant rice
-          1 package taco seasoning
-          1 cup shredded cheese
-          1 cup shredded lettuce
-          1 cup crushed nacho chips
-          Salsa and Sour Cream
-          Optional toppings: Chopped Tomatoes, Green Onions, Pepper

Directions:
  1. Brown ground beef in a large skillet and drain
  2. Add water, rice and taco seasoning; Bring to a light boil and simmer for 5 minutes
  3. Mix in cheese and let sit for 5 minutes
  4. Add lettuce and nacho chips
  5. Serve in a bowl, topped with salsa, sour cream and optional toppings

1 comment:

Just Another Mummy Blog said...

Oh my goodness, this looks so delish! Yay for a new blog to read! But, I worry I'm going to just start eating all the time, there are soooo many yummy things to make and eat on your blog. :)