It is starting to get chilly here, which means nice, warm comfort dishes. I found a recipe for potato soup on Pinterest. I am very new to Pinterest, a friend from work suggested I join, and I am happy I did! There are a lot of great things on there! I am really happy with this recipe, it is super easy to make, and surprisingly there is no heavy cream which means relatively healthy…right!
- 5 red potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1¼ cup chicken broth
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cups 1% milk, divided
- ¼ cup 1% sour cream
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Green onions, thinly sliced
- Pierce potatoes with a fork and microwave for 13 minutes or until tender. Cut in half and cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté for 3 minutes. Add broth.
- Whisk flour and ½ cup milk in measuring cup. Add to pan, followed by remaining milk. Bring to a boil while stirring often. Cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Scoop potato into soup and discard skins. Using a potato masher, mash coarsely and add bacon.
- Ladle into soup bowls and top with cheese and green onions.