It was my husband’s birthday last weekend, and I wanted to surprise him by baking him a cake from scratch!!! Like I have said in previous posts, I am not the baker of the family, but I must say this cake turned out really well! It defiantly wasn’t decorated like a professional, but it sure tasted good! I got this very moist chocolate cake recipe from a good friend of mine. It was really easy to make, and veryyyy good!!!
I put whip cream and chopped up strawberries in the middle, and I iced the whole cake with buttercream icing. I then topped the cake with chocolate ganache! Mmmmm soooo yummy J
One Bowl Chocolate Cake
- 3 cups Flour
- 2 cup packed Brown sugar
- ½ cup Cocoa
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups Milk
- ¾ cup Oil
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350oF.
- In a large bowl, stir flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Make a well in the centre of dry ingredients and add milk, oil, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Stir until smoothly combined.
- Evenly distribute between two round 8½” pans and bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick put in the centre comes out clean.
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Beat butter until smooth.
- Add sugar and milk by alternating (3 parts sugar, 2 parts milk).
- Beat in vanilla.
- ¾ cup heavy cream (18%)
- ¼ cup butter
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a saucepan, heat cream and butter over medium heat until melted.
- Pour hot cream over chocolate chips and let sit for a few seconds. Whisk until smooth.
- Let cool until thick (may take a little while).