Thursday, February 7, 2013

Granola

Hello Blogging World!!!!
Life has been CRAZY!!! So much has been going on in our little world, I haven't had any time!! A little update: We are expecting our second child in April, and I just recently (at 28 weeks pregnant), had to have my appendix out. Add all that to the holidays just finishing up, renovations, play dates, working, etc, it has been insane!! Thankfully my surgery went well, both baby and myself are healing up nicely! Aiden is going to be a great big brother, he is such a loving, caring, helpful little man :)

Now that I am getting up and eating breakfast so early (5:30), I am finding I can't make it to lunch time without getting hungry! I bought Greek yogurt and fruit so I could make Parfaits to have between breaky and lunch. I decided I would make my own Granola, and I must say, it is delicious and incredibly easy to make. Here it is :) I just made plain granola, however, you can add pretty much whatever you like to add some bulk!

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 tbsp oil
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 2 tbsp maple syrup
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 4 cups oats
  • Optional: Coconut, Almonds, Raisins, Dried Fruit
Directions:
  1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, mix brown sugar, oil, honey, maple syrup and cinnamon. Bring to a boil, remove from heat and add vanilla.
  2. Place oats in a large baking dish and pour sugar mixture over. Add in optional ingredients if you wish and stir.
  3. Bake at 350* for 10-15 minutes.
  4. Stir and cool
  5. Store in an air tight container.

No comments: