Having two little ones under two I need quick, easy lunch ideas. On this particular day, I had half a head of cauliflower left in the fridge. Aiden was having hot dogs (I don't like them, but sometimes I give them to him so he can enjoy being a kid!). I decided to make up a quick bowl of soup for myself. Super easy, and only 5 ingredients!!!
- Half a head of cauliflower, cut into small chunks
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- Approximately 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup cream
- Feta (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, saute onions for 3 minutes. Add cauliflower and add enough chicken broth to just cover. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes until cauliflower is tender.
- With an immersion blender, slightly blend up (I like mine a little chunky...not so pureed)
- Add cream and heat through
- Serve and top with feta, salt and pepper!