Thursday, October 3, 2013

5 ingredient Cauliflower Soup


Having two little ones under two I need quick, easy lunch ideas. On this particular day, I had half a head of cauliflower left in the fridge. Aiden was having hot dogs (I don't like them, but sometimes I give them to him so he can enjoy being a kid!). I decided to make up a quick bowl of soup for myself. Super easy, and only 5 ingredients!!!




Ingredients: 
  • Half a head of cauliflower, cut into small chunks
  • 1/4 cup onion, chopped
  • Approximately 2 cups chicken broth
  • 1 cup cream
  • Feta (optional)
Directions:
  1. In a medium saucepan, saute onions for 3 minutes. Add cauliflower and add enough chicken broth to just cover. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes until cauliflower is tender.
  2. With an immersion blender, slightly blend up (I like mine a little chunky...not so pureed)
  3. Add cream and heat through
  4. Serve and top with feta, salt and pepper!

No comments: