Sunday, December 19, 2010

White Bread

This weekend has been full of Christmas festivities!! Which means FOOD!!!! Yesterday was my mom’s extended family gathering where we had a potluck. I can officially say I am a “Cochrane” because I brought Taco Salad. This is honestly my mother in-laws specialty. She brings it to every event and it is amazing! I haven’t perfected it yet (my lettuce wasn’t shredded enough) but I will get there! But this post isn’t really about taco salad….

It will be about BAKING!! Today I had my grandparents over for dinner and gift exchange. I made bread, ham, cheesy mashed potatoes, glazed carrots and apple pie! I must admit it was very good! I love to entertain and I take pride in the food I serve!

Table is set!!!
My husband wanted a bread machine as a wedding gift, and lucky for him, my aunt got us one for a shower gift! I love it and have made a few loaves. I am going to try and tackle some different kinds of bread eventually, but for now here is a basic white bread recipe.

Ingredients:
- 2¼ tsp bread machine yeast (you can also use 1 package of regular yeast)
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1 cup warm water (around 110oF)
- ¼ cup oil
- 3 cups white flour
- 1 tsp salt

Directions:
1. Place yeast, sugar and water in bread machine pan
2. Allow yeast to work for 10 minutes
3. Add remaining ingredients
4. Put pan in machine and set to “Basic Setting”, “2 pound” and “medium crust”
5. Sit back and relax, in 3 hours you will have a nice loaf of bread!


 

No comments: