Friday, December 17, 2010

Stuffed Peppers

I had a couple peppers in the fridge and I was wondering what to do with them.
I decided I would try stuffed peppers…using my homemade salsa of course!!! I found a few recipes online, and I combined them to make my own version.

OMG they were absolutely amazing!!! I will defiantly make these again!

Here you go:

Ingredients:
- 4 medium bell peppers (any colour)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ cup water
- ½ instant rice
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- ½ cup cheese

Directions:
1. Fry ground beef in a large skillet. Drain grease and add onion and garlic. Cook until tender.
2. Add water, rice and salsa. Allow mix to simmer for approximately 5 minutes until rice is cooked and most of the liquid has evaporated.
3. Meanwhile, prepare peppers by cutting the tops off and removing seeds.
4. Preheat oven to 350o
5. Cover the bottom of a casserole dish with the pasta sauce. Set peppers in sauce so they are standing up straight.
6. Stuff peppers with mix, and top with cheese.
7. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes
Just before going in the oven
Stuffing simmering in skillet



Final Product

You could easily stuff mini peppers and make this a party appetizer :)

No comments: