I love going to my moms for dinner. She is an amazing cook, and never fails to wow us. A while ago she made this goat cheese chicken and we loved it! It was phenomenal. I have made it a few times, and last night I felt like making a delicious meal so I made it. In all honesty it only takes about 15 minutes to prepare, so it isn’t really time consuming and trust me, you will wow whoever you prepare it for!! This recipe is from Canadian Living (however we add a little twist!).
- ½ cup sliced almonds (I ran out of sliced almonds, so I chopped up whole almonds in my food processor)
- 1 package (4½ oz) goat cheese
- 1 tbsp minced chives or green onion
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- ½ tsp pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp salt
- Toast almonds in a small skillet on medium-low heat for approximately 3 minutes. Let cool.
- In a bowl, combine goat cheese, 2 tbsp of the toasted almonds, chives, parsley, dill, and half of the pepper.
- Cut the chicken breasts in half (but not all the way – so you can open them like a book). Spoon ¼ of filling over one side and fold uncovered side over filling.
- Combine remaining almonds, bread crumbs and butter in a shallow dish. In another dish, lightly beat egg with remaining pepper and salt.
- Dip each chicken breast into the egg mixture and then press the chicken breast into the bread crumb mixture to coat both sides. Place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375oC for 30 minutes (or until no longer pink inside).
|Adding the breading|
|Before going in the oven|
|Finished Product :)|