Friday, July 8, 2011

Canadian Potato Salad!! :)

I have been trying to find a decent recipe for a yummy potato salad and I found it really hard! I combined a few different ideas and came up with something! I did boil the potatoes with the skin on, then put them in cold water and peeled them. Then I mashed them up! This results in a more chunky texture (some harder spots, some softer spots) However if you want to do it quicker you can peel them and cut them into small pieces before boiling, then mash them up; this has a smoother consistency. But either works J

Ingredients:
-          6 medium sized potatoes
-          3 slices of bacon, cut in small pieces, cooked and drained
-          6 green onions, sliced
-          ¾ cup mayo
-          2 tbsp red wine vinegar
-          1 tsp yellow mustard
-          Salt and Pepper
-          Fresh dill (right from my garden!!)

**Note: You can pretty much add anything to this recipe. Here are a few suggestions: Celery, Sweet Peppers, Hard Boiled Eggs, etc.

Directions:
  1. Cook potatoes (by either method posted in the intro!) and mash
  2. Add remaining ingredients and mix well
  3. Refrigerate until cold and then serve

No comments: