Thursday, September 1, 2011

Jalapeno Poppers

We had a bunch of jalapenos left from the garden, so my husband decided he wanted me to make jalapeno poppers. I am really happy with the way they turned out! The breading part is pretty time consuming, but it was worth it!!!


To remove the seeds from the peppers, I used my Pampered Chef Core & More. It worked really well! I would recommend wearing gloves when removing the seeds, because your fingers will burn afterwards!!
Core & More

Ingredients:
-          25-50 Jalapenos, sliced in half with seeds removed
-          250g cream cheese, room temperature
-          1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
-          1 egg
-          ½ cup milk
-          1 cup flour
-          2 packages of Kraft Shake N Bake Classic Herb And Parmesan  
-          Vegetable Oil

Directions:
  1. Mix cream cheese and cheddar cheese
  2. Spoon cheese mixture into jalapeno halves (I used my fingers…it was WAYY easier!)
  3. In a bowl, beat egg and milk. Put flour in a separate bowl.
  4. Dip jalapenos in egg mixture followed by the flour mixture, and allow them to dry (or put them in the fridge for 5 minutes)
  5. Dip flour-coated jalapenos in egg mixture followed by Shake N Bake (I put 3 or 4 in a large bag and shook them.
  6. Put coated jalapeno poppers in the fridge (or freezer) for 2 hours before cooking
Heat oil in a medium pot (to 365oF), and fry poppers for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.

No comments: