We had a bunch of jalapenos left from the garden, so my husband decided he wanted me to make jalapeno poppers. I am really happy with the way they turned out! The breading part is pretty time consuming, but it was worth it!!!
To remove the seeds from the peppers, I used my Pampered Chef Core & More. It worked really well! I would recommend wearing gloves when removing the seeds, because your fingers will burn afterwards!!
|Core & More|
- 25-50 Jalapenos, sliced in half with seeds removed
- 250g cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 2 packages of Kraft Shake N Bake Classic Herb And Parmesan
- Vegetable Oil
- Mix cream cheese and cheddar cheese
- Spoon cheese mixture into jalapeno halves (I used my fingers…it was WAYY easier!)
- In a bowl, beat egg and milk. Put flour in a separate bowl.
- Dip jalapenos in egg mixture followed by the flour mixture, and allow them to dry (or put them in the fridge for 5 minutes)
- Dip flour-coated jalapenos in egg mixture followed by Shake N Bake (I put 3 or 4 in a large bag and shook them.
- Put coated jalapeno poppers in the fridge (or freezer) for 2 hours before cooking