Friday, December 23, 2011

Crispy Holiday Treats (also known as Peanut Butter Balls)

I love being home on maternity leave!! Not only do I get to spend every day with my little man, I also get to spend time with friends! We had another baking day yesterday, (although I opted for no-bake desserts) and then 5 of us mommies went out for a baby-free dinner! It was such a great day! You can read all about it over on my friend's blog :)

A couple years ago my sister in-law introduced me to these Crispy Holiday Treats (aka Peanut Butter Balls). They are spectacular!!! I absolutely love them!! So much so, that I usually give them as Christmas gifts! I put the ingredients in a mason jar and attach a recipe. My favourite Christmas treat!! I wasn’t going to blog about them, but I have to so everyone can enjoy them J



Ingredients:
-          1 cup icing sugar
-          1½ cup (holiday) Rice Krispies
-          ½ cup dried cranberries (or cherries)
-          ¾ cup chocolate chips
-          ¼ cups chopped pecans
-          1 cup peanut butter
-          ¼ cup butter, softened
-          1 cup coconut

Directions:
  1. In a large bowl, combine icing sugar, Rice Krispies, cranberries, chocolate chips, and pecans.
  2. Combine peanut butter and butter in a medium bowl until well blended and add to cereal mixture. Mix well (I use my hands – MUCH easier!)
  3. Shape into 1½ inch balls and roll in coconut (I like to put them in little paper cups). Store in refrigerator (makes about 2 dozen).

No comments: