When we had our baking day last week, my friend suggested I try a recipe she had for Piña Colada Muffins. I thought it would be perfect for my family Christmas potluck this past weekend. I thought they were pretty good! I mean I love a good piña colada so why wouldn’t I love them as muffins!!
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup flaked coconut
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can (8oz) crushed pineapple in juice
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1/8 tsp coconut extract
- Additional coconut (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400oF. Spray 18 muffin cups and line with paper cups.
- Combine flour, sugar, coconut, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Beat eggs in a medium bowl. Blend in sour cream, pineapples with juice, butter and coconut extract. Stir into flour mixture.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling ¾ full.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then sprinkle tops of muffins with additional coconut. Bake for an additions 5-10 minutes.
- Remove muffins and cool on a wire rack.