Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Piña Colada Muffins

When we had our baking day last week, my friend suggested I try a recipe she had for Piña Colada Muffins. I thought it would be perfect for my family Christmas potluck this past weekend. I thought they were pretty good! I mean I love a good piña colada so why wouldn’t I love them as muffins!!


Ingredients:
-          2 cups flour
-          ¾ cup sugar
-          ½ cup flaked coconut
-          2 tsp baking powder
-          ½ tsp baking soda
-          ½ tsp salt
-          2 eggs
-          1 cup sour cream
-          1 can (8oz) crushed pineapple in juice
-          ¼ cup butter, melted
-          1/8 tsp coconut extract
-          Additional coconut (optional)

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400oF. Spray 18 muffin cups and line with paper cups.
  2. Combine flour, sugar, coconut, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
  3. Beat eggs in a medium bowl. Blend in sour cream, pineapples with juice, butter and coconut extract. Stir into flour mixture.
  4. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling ¾ full.
  5. Bake for 10 minutes and then sprinkle tops of muffins with additional coconut. Bake for an additions 5-10 minutes.
  6. Remove muffins and cool on a wire rack.

No comments: