Saturday, February 4, 2012

Apple Stuffed Pork Tenderloin

This past Thursday (Groundhog day...spring is just around the corner) was my mother in law's birthday. My husband and I decided to have her and my brother and sister in law over for dinner. I wanted to make pork tenderloin stuffed with asparagus, but apparently my in laws do not like asparagus. So I made this:


Remember when I made these pork chops stuffed with apples, well I changed it up a bit and stuffed pork tenderloin. I used stove top dressing instead of bread. We also had roasted vegetables (cauliflower, snow peas, mushrooms, bok choy and carrots drizzled with EVOO and baked in a casserole dish for 20 minutes or so at 350*) and bruschetta. Overall I think it was an awesome meal!


Ingredients:
  • 2 pork tenderloins
  • 1 box chicken stove top dressing
  • 1/2 red onion, chopped
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1-2 apples, peeled, cored and chopped
  • Salt and Pepper
  • 3 slices of bacon, cut in half
Directions:
  1. Prepare dressing as directed on box.
  2. Meanwhile, cut each pork tenderloin in half, but not through, and slightly pound down
  3. Melt butter in a pan and saute onions until soft.
  4. Mix stuffing onions and apples and spoon onto one pork tenderloin. Top with second tenderloin and season with salt and pepper. (If you can, roll tenderloin, I didn't pound mine enough so I couldn't roll it up.) Using cotton string, tie tenderloin to keep together and top with bacon.
  5. Put tenderloin in roasting pan with 1/2" apple juice (or water). Bake at 350* for 45 minutes until cooked through. Remove from oven and let sit covered for 10 minutes.

No comments: