Thursday, February 16, 2012

Meatloaf

We love a good meatloaf! It is also one of those dishes I make for my husband when I will be gone for a couple days. He doesn't like to cook when I am gone, so it is something he can throw on bread and make sandwiches, or just eat alone. I don't really follow a recipe, I just throw a bunch of stuff together and it always turns out good!

BUT last night I used Lipton Onion Soup Mix which makes it super easy to make. I usually top my meatloaf with tomato soup, or sometimes I use my husband's grandma's chili sauce (which is actually really sweet). I have the recipe for it, but I have never made it. One day I will give it a try and share the recipe with you!

Ingredients:
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 egg
  • 1 package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
  • 1/2 cup crushed soda crackers or bread crumbs
  • 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 3 tbsp BBQ sauce
  • 1 can tomato soup, divided
Directions:
  1. Combine all ingredients using only 1/3 of the can of tomato soup in a large bowl.
  2. Press into a loaf pan
  3. Bake at 350* for 30 minutes, drain and top with remaining tomato soup and pepper. Bake for an additional 30 minutes.

No comments: