here, but this is how I will make it next time:
- 4 slices bacon, finely chopped
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tbsp chili powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1 can tomato sauce (14 oz)
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp hot sauce
- 1 can tomato paste
- 2 cups beef stock
- Optional: Sour cream and fresh parsley for topping
- In a large pot, cook bacon over medium-high heat for a couple minutes and add beef. Cook until brown (5-6 minutes) stirring occasionally. Drain excess fat.
- Add onions, garlic, chili powder, a litte salt and lots of pepper until soften (5 minutes).
- In a bowl, stir together tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar and tomato paste. Add to beef mixture and combine.
- Add stock and bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook to thicken (6-7 minutes).
- Serve in bowls topped with sour cream and parsley