|Eating Sweet Potato Pie with a Kick :)|
Last weekend for Easter, he had 3 turkey dinners!!! Our families were pretty interested and in awe over how well he eats. They couldn't believe he was only 7 months old and able to chew and swallow everything we were eating!! (Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of him eating.)
Here are a few things we give him.
- Toast with butter and cinnamon or jam
- Oatmeal pancakes (Put enough quick oats in a small microwaveable container add just enough milk to wet the oatmeal and mix in some brown sugar. Cook for 45 minutes in the microwave and allow to cool. Cut into strips)
- Muffins - Aiden really like the Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
- Scrambled eggs
(I find lunch hard, we are not always home for lunch, so it isn't always at the same time)
- Grapes (cut in half or quarters)
- Leftovers from dinner
- If I go out I try to pack a couple containers we Cheerios, grapes, tomatoes, oranges, etc. Things that are not too messy and that he can eat.
Whatever we have for dinner! Last night it was chicken wings and perogies, tonight it was ribs and bruschetta. I started giving him larger pieces but now that he is mastering his hand to mouth motion, I am starting to give him smaller pieces to improve his pincer grip.
|Loving the Roasted Cauliflower Au Gratin|
Aiden has always been a very gassy baby, so I did notice when we first started with the food he was having tummy pains fairly frequently. I now give him pear juice once a day (or once every couple days). I do 1 oz of concentrated pear juice to 3-4 oz of water and try to give him yogurt on a regular basis. This has helped tremendously.
**I may update this post as I think of new things, or things I forgot!**
Happy eating!!!! :)