My friend recently started a blog. Obviously I am following it, and you should too! (Check it out here). She posted a sweet potato pie and I knew I had to make it. Tonight was the night. My husband was away all last week so he was dying for a home cooked meal (other than Easter dinners). He got lucky today! I made blueberry oatmeal muffins and the potato pie! J The potatoes are sweet, but the meat mixture has a bit of a kick to it, which I really enjoyed.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2-3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into ¼-inch slices
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 1 tbsp flour
- Salt & Pepper
- Optional Toppings: Shredded cheddar cheese and chopped green onion
- Over medium heat, brown ground beef until almost cooked through and drain fat.
- Lightly coat a baking dish with cooking spray. Create 2 layers of potato slices and top with meat mixture and cover with foil.
- Bake at 350oF for 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Top with cheese and green onions when 5 minutes remain.