Monday, August 13, 2012

Chicken and Broccoli One Dish

I officially had my first day of working as a mommy. Last week was tough with trail daycare days, but we love our daycare provider and I know Aiden is happy there. Today was a better day. I had a few tears when I left the house this morning, but all in all it was a good day! I really think I am going to enjoy my new job and the balance it will bring to our family life. I use to work in a lab, and I really loved the job and the people, but I did not love the shift work. After having Aiden we decided it would be best if I could find a straight day job. Luckily a position became available at Molson while I was on maternity leave. I applied, and got the job!
I wasn't scheduled to return until August 23, but for training purposes they asked me to come in two weeks early. Thankfully they will be giving me two weeks in lieu (plus my 3 weeks of vacation to use before April 1).

I feel like we will be having easy dinners during the work week so I can spend as much time as possible with my little man. This morning I took a pack of chicken breasts out, I didn't really have a meal in mind, just chicken. I threw together this yummy concoction. We still had time to go for a little bike ride, bath and cuddle time!

Ingredients:
  • 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 bunch of broccoli, steams removed and cut into florets
  • 1 tbsp lemon dill seasoning
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1/2 cup cream (half and half)
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375*
  2. Place chicken in a large baking dish, top with broccoli and season with lemon dill seasoning.
  3. Mix mushroom soup, chicken soup, cream and cheese in a bowl. Pour over chicken and broccoli.
  4. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
  5. Serve over rice.

No comments: