It has been awhile! This whole working and being a mom thing is hard work! I knew it was going to be challenging but I feel like I have no time for anything! And the time I do have, I want to spend with with my boys (big and little!). I honestly have at least 5 posts waiting to be done! I am off today and tomorrow so hopefully I can find some time to write a couple of them!
I am going to start with this strawberry loaf I made for a friend's housewarming party. It was delicious! A girlfriend got me a strawberry cookbook as a wedding gift, and there are some really good recipes in it. I have never even heard of a strawberry loaf, but it will be a repeat! I have already made it twice!! The bread is so moist, and the cinnamon and strawberry flavours go so well together!
- 1 cup mashed fresh strawberries (I am sure you could use thawed frozen ones as well)
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 6 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease a loaf pan.
- Heat and stir strawberries in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until boiling. Reduce heat to medium -low and simmer uncovered for 1 minute stirring often. Cool
- Mix flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar in a bowl. Add eggs individually, beating well after each addition. Stir in water, vanilla and strawberries.
- Add strawberry mixture to flour, and stir until just moistened. Spread into greased pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in centre comes out clean. Let stand in pan for 10 minutes and remove to a wire rack to cool.