Monday, September 24, 2012

Strawberry Loaf

Hello!!
It has been awhile! This whole working and being a mom thing is hard work! I knew it was going to be challenging but I feel like I have no time for anything! And the time I do have, I want to spend with with my boys (big and little!). I honestly have at least 5 posts waiting to be done! I am off today and tomorrow so hopefully I can find some time to write a couple of them!
I am going to start with this strawberry loaf I made for a friend's housewarming party. It was delicious! A girlfriend got me a strawberry cookbook as a wedding gift, and there are some really good recipes in it. I have never even heard of a strawberry loaf, but it will be a repeat! I have already made it twice!! The bread is so moist, and the cinnamon and strawberry flavours go so well together!

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup mashed fresh strawberries (I am sure you could use thawed frozen ones as well)
  • 1 3/4 cup flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 6 tbsp butter, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease a loaf pan.
  2. Heat and stir strawberries in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until boiling. Reduce heat to medium -low and simmer uncovered for 1 minute stirring often. Cool
  3. Mix flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder and cinnamon in a large bowl.
  4. Beat butter and sugar in a bowl. Add eggs individually, beating well after each addition. Stir in water, vanilla and strawberries.
  5. Add strawberry mixture to flour, and stir until just moistened. Spread into greased pan.
  6. Bake for 60 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in centre comes out clean. Let stand in pan for 10 minutes and remove to a wire rack to cool.

No comments: