Saturday, December 22, 2012

Tomato Pesto Chicken

It's been so long since I have blogged :( My life is just so crazy right now!! Work, Aiden, Pregnancy, Sickness (the whole family has been fighting this never ending sickness...), and now Christmas celebrations. My nights and weekends are spent with my boys, and the last thing I want to do is take time away from them. BUT I have a few minutes right now!!!

A while ago, I made this really easy but super yummy chicken dish. It honestly took no time to prepare, and was very tasty! It has already been a repeat in our house, and I might even say it is my favourite chicken dish right now!

Boursin cheese on top!

Ingredients:
  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • Pesto
    • In a food processor, process 40g fresh basil (stems removed and coarsely chopped), 2 tbsp pine nuts (you can toast them if you want), 1/4 cup grated Parmesan, 2 cloves garlic, Sea Salt and Pepper, and 3 tbsp olive oil until well blended, ensuring you scrape sides a couple of times.
  • Tomato, cut into 4 slices
  • Cheese (Parmesan, Chedder, or I have even used Boursin - all are equally delicious)
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375*F.
  2. Place chicken breasts on a baking sheet. Top with 1 tbsp pesto, 1 tomato slice and Parmesan cheese.
  3. Bake for 30 minutes (or until fully cooked).

No comments: