Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A Special Pizza for Love Day :)

I know this is a little late, but I am finally finding time to post!!! I hope everyone had a fantastic Valentine's Day!!! Mine was very nice :) Shawn got up early to make me a wonderful breakfast, packed my lunch and got my tea ready for the road! When I came home, there was a card he got Aiden to "colour" on, and when he got home he brought me flowers!! Overall it was a really nice day :)

I wanted to make something a little special! We love pizza in our house, so I thought it would be perfect to make a heart shaped pizza. I was surprised how well it turned out! It was a last minute idea, so the day before I went out and got the dough. I had the dough shaped and ready to be topped, BUT  when I went to make it....I had no pizza sauce!! I have started making my own, but I didn't even have the stuff handy for that!! However I managed to figure something out. I used my food processor and processed a can of diced Italian tomoates (drained) with a can of tomato paste. I added garlic and parsely. It was reallly yummy!! I only needed a bit so I froze the rest and used that in this recipe!

Here is our pizza <3



Aiden enjoying his cupcake from Gramma!



No comments: