Sunday, September 15, 2013

Another Perfect Little One!

This is wayyyyyy overdue! Like 5 months overdue, but better late than never! I am introducing our second little one! A girl!!!! Baby Rachel arrived April 16, 2013. She came 2 days before my due date (unlike Aiden....who was 8 days late and induced). 


My contractions started on the 15th around 6:45pm. Earlier in the day I had an OB appointment and after checking me, we discussed induction as it didn't look like I was going to go naturally! Little did we know, it would happen that day!!! 

To be honest, I had no idea they were contractions at the time. I just thought I overdid it through the day. I looked at the clock an hour later and realized I had 5 "contractions". I called my mom and she told me to start writing them down. By 8:50 they were coming every 5 minutes (this is when I say active labour started). 

I called my husband and mom (to watch Aiden) to come! When we got to the hospital at 10pm I was already 5cm. I immediately asked for an epidural! I couldn't believe how fast things were happening (with Aiden I was 6 hours and 47 minutes from the time they broke my water until he arrived). I finally got it at 11:15pm and at was already 8cm!!! 

They had to break my water at 12am on April 16th. I started pushing at 12:25, 8 pushes later and she was born at 12:38am!!! In totally it was 3 hours and 38 minutes of active labour. 

8 pounds, 13 ounces and 20.5" (momma brews big babies!!!)

So far she has been a pretty good baby, although the first 3 months she had severe seperation anxiety. And since then she has been fighting sleep. (She does sleep most of the night though. Just up for feedings). 

Thankfully I was blessed with pretty good babies!!! (Most of the time!) 
Aiden loves his sister!!! I think them being so close in age (19 months) made it easier on him since he doesn't remember being an only child! 

(Left: Aiden at 1 week; Right: Rachel at 5 weeks...think they look alike!)



No comments: