Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Mushroom Soup

I have been on a soup kick lately. I *love* mushrooms! So this week I made mushroom soup, it was delicious! I didn’t really use a recipe, but I did somewhat follow the potato soup I made recently (for the base). I enjoyed this soup with a bacon, cheese and mustard sandwich.

Ingredients:
-          2 tbsp butter
-          2 packages of fresh sliced mushrooms (I used white mushrooms and cremini mushrooms)
-          1 large onion, finely chopped
-          Salt and pepper
-          2 cups beef broth
-          2 cups 1% milk, divided
-          3 tbsp flour
-          ½ cup 1% sour cream

Directions:
  1. Melt butter in a medium saucepan on medium-high heat
  2. Add mushrooms, onion, salt and pepper. Sauté for approximately 10 minutes, until mushrooms are tender
  3. Add broth and bring to a boil
  4. Mix flour and ½ cup milk and add to soup, bring to a boil
  5. Add remaining milk and sour cream

No comments: